The Tenant Dashboard is the most efficient place to create any kind of admin or supervisor user (e.g., tenant admins, institution admins, district supervisors, etc.). Technically, a Tenant Admin can create any type of user from the Tenant Dashboard, but creating learners or instructors here is not recommended.
Creating New Users
- Open Tenant Dashboard
- On the Users page, select the New User button in the upper righthand corner)
- Fill out the following fields under the New User heading:
- Name: The user's display name
- Account & Contact Email: The user's email address
- Extended Time Allocation: Check this box if this user needs extended time accommodations (read more here)
- Password / Password confirmation: Set the user's password (or leave blank, and user will receive an activation email)
- To add users to an Administrative Division, District, or Institution, fill out the following fields under the Reporting Organization heading:
- Roles: Check the appropriate boxes
- Administrative Division: Choose the relevant Administrative Division and assign roles as appropriate
- District: Choose the relevant District and assign roles as appropriate
- Institution: Choose the relevant Institution and assign roles as appropriate
None of the above fields are mandatory, and all can be added later. The drop-downs, if clicked on, turn into a search box where you can enter the name of the desired district, Institution, or administrative division. Note that you cannot make a user an instructor here.
By default, division and district supervisors do not receive access to Student Reports in the Boost Dashboard (division supervisors also do not receive access to Group Reports). Checking the "Full Access" box will allow them to view those pages.
Editing Existing Users
- Select the user you wish to edit
- On the User Details page, select the Edit button
You can now edit the user's details.